Last Updated on May 10, 2021 by Dan
Diving can be a great hobby, but it is important to pick the right dive buddy. The next time you are looking for someone to go on a dive with, follow these 7 tips and strategies:
1) Pick someone who shares your interests.
2) Try out new divers before going diving together.
3) Avoid diving in areas that are too deep or remote.
4) Find people who have good equipment and strong skillsets.
5) Choose people who have similar abilities as you do when it comes to diving skills (i.e., if you’re an experienced diver, try finding somebody else with experience).
6) Make sure they are not claustrophobic or too afraid to get wet.
7) Find someone with a similar size so you can share fins or other equipment if you lose something out in the water.
*If they can’t make the trip then have a backup.