Last Updated on November 16, 2021 by Dan
The company Cressi has recently launched a snorkeling mask and what sets this mask apart from other snorkeling gears of the same kind is its black-themed design. Another unique quality, which needs to be kept in mind while purchasing this mask, is that the design is extremely frameless and provides a field of vision which is wider than any other snorkeling mask.
All these qualities make the Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Freediving Mask Snorkel Set different from other masks that have cropped up in the market.
- The most unique feature on this snorkeling mask is the no-frame design that the company has provided. As such, it can easily fit any face type
- It provides a very large field of vision under water, thereby enhancing the experience of divers
- It provides users with low volume close shots for better visibility under water
- The mouthpiece of this snorkel is made of one of the best materials in this world – silicone
- Especially designed for people interested in underwater photography
- The mask is extremely adjustable
- One of the most noticeable advantages of this snorkeling mask is that it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry around anywhere
- It can be folded to become flat as well, which makes it easier to carry with luggage. So, if you need to go on a beach holiday you need not to worry about carrying it as a separate luggage
- It is extremely adjustable because of the push button feature
- It ensures good visibility under water
- It is extremely comfortable to wear
- Even though the strap provided by this mask is extremely adjustable, at times it might break. Thereby it can cause disruptions in the experience of the divers
- The mask might not be extremely adjustable at times
- People using this mask often complain that the mask does not fit their face properly
- Users have a problem with the type of materials that have been used for making the mask
- Another problem that this mask faces and which almost every snorkeling mask faces is that the lens fogs up easily
“I was going to purchase this same mask at a local dive shop here in Hawaii for $80 (just the mask). This set happen to pop up on my Amazon feed and I automatically purchased. Bonus with the snorkel although I am quite used to my other brand and prefer that one but none the less, this is a sufficient and functional snorkel for snorkel-freedive-scuba. I love the product.
After rubbing toothpaste on the lens to rid the factory film, and just before my dive, I applied defogger to them and I was set to play in the ocean for many hours as I usually do. No problems with fogging as this is what you need to do for any new mask. Great product and I highly recommend it. Packaging was great and care was put into it. I plan on grabbing more colors.”
To have a good quality mask, which is comfortable to wear, you can choose without thinking, by picking a mask whose skirt is made of silicone, often in black or transparent colors. Most masks currently have a safety glass panel, but it is something that should still be avoided in favor of the plastic.
Another detail you need to check is the ability for the mask to hold your nose or clearing out your ears at every descent. Verify that access is easy, especially for people who have a small nose and children.
The Cressi snorkel provides more portable options due to its folded flat design. It also offers an unobstructed view of the diver’s surroundings which is absolutely perfect judging by the price. The mask gives an unobstructed view of the underwater being explored and you hardly feel like you are wearing a mask.
It is designed to be worn for long periods and to remain comfortable throughout. It is solid enough to withhold the rigors of deep diving. Its soft and form-fitting design comes with a set of adjustable straps that once cinched together makes the mask part of your body.
Let’s compare this wonder mask to the HiCool 180 Dgree Larger Viewing Snorkeling Diving Mask. Like the Cressi, the Hicool snorkel has an inbuilt anti-leak technology. It gives the user a panoramic view and also comes with an anti-fog design. The mask incorporates a separate breathing chamber that creates airflow away from the main viewing visor.
A striking feature of this snorkel is its elastic bandage that you can manage to put on any kind of head shape. Like most snorkels on the market these days this snorkel too is provided with a technology that gets rid of air from the mask directly.
The HiCool snorkel has a longer ventilation pipe compared to other snorkels or even our wonder Cressi.
This mask needs to be purchased in accordance with the needs of the user and depending on whether you want to use it for daily wear or just occasionally. One point to be considered when purchasing this mask is the fact that it is readily accessible for people who wish to travel regularly.
Personally, I’d choose the Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Freediving Mask Snorkel Set over the HiCool snorkel. It would be my go-to gear given the brand name and price tag. Not only that; the stylish and convenient nature of its frameless design make it portable for the adventurer in me.