Last Updated on February 23, 2021 by Diver Dan
Vaincre has developed a 180-degree view snorkel that enhances the experience of scuba divers. The snorkel provides a 180-degree view which, on one hand, ensures the safety of the scuba diver under water while improving the user experience when it comes to viewing and understanding the beauty of the under-water world.
For general purposes, snorkels are used by divers to enhance their experience under water and the 180° View Snorkel Mask by Vaincre has met and exceeded all the expectations of users who are into scuba diving and snorkeling.
The primary and most striking feature that this product provides is that it makes breathing extremely easy under water for divers. It almost feels as if you are not breathing under water, but out in the open air.
The most unique aspect about this snorkel is that unlike others which have been released for public purchase almost at the same time or earlier, it is tubeless.
- Integrates a field of vision and shatterproof polycarbonate window for added safety
- Provides a full mask for natural breathing through the mouth and even through the nose
- The inbuilt exclusive ventilation system prevents fogging to a huge extent
- The dry top located at the top of the snorkel keeps the snorkel dry
- Purge valve located at the bottom of the snorkel drains the water when the diver’s head is raised
- The straps used in this snorkel are elastic
- Prevents gag reflex
- Inner Size: 6.69 x 5.12 inch, Outer Size: 9.06 x 7.48 inch. This mask provides a 180-degree viewing area – the widest of any snorkel mask on the market today; guaranteeing that you will see more fish and sea creatures than ever before
- Prevents water from entering the mask; thus the person under water encounters no disruptions during his or her experience
- Comes with soft ear plugs to keep salt water out
- No amount of fogging has been witnessed by the people who have used this product so far
- The snorkel comes with comfortable and adjustable elastic bands; hence, it basically adapts to all sorts of hairstyles
- Comes with a mesh carry bag, which helps people in various aspects
- Incorporates an extra O-ring for snorkel piece
- GoPro mount helps in capturing all the beautiful moments that the person experiences under water
- There is no fogging witnessed near the eye, but there is a considerable amount of fogging that takes place near the mouth which some people find extremely disturbing
- Does not stay on the face when the person dives too deep
- This snorkel fails to perform efficiently even if there is the slightest rise of wave
- Can’t go for subsurface diving with this mask
- The straps have a tendency to become loose
Indeed, this impressive accessory which covers the entire face, offers a field view of 180 degrees, unlike the smaller traditional masks. In addition, users can breathe through both nose and mouth, a sense of revolutionary design that nevertheless seems quite natural.
The integrated snorkel has a device that prevents water from seeping in even in case of immersion, which could facilitate prolonged deep diving. However, tumultuous waters are not fair weather for our good snorkel. They easily slip off with strong currents or waves.
While this snorkel gives near-perfect user experience, it may well serve the amateur diver or hobby divers. It is not for the experienced diver who wants to execute different kinds of maneuvers in the water at all times.
While the Vaincre is quite a good scuba diving gear with its anti-fog and 180 degree view, when compared to the Thenice snorkel you may come across some distinct and common features.
The Thenice mask covers the face of the diver and incorporates anti-fog tech, is leak-proof and comes in two sizes (L and XL). Finding the right size can be quite hectic. Unlike the Vaincre, the feel of the Thenice is cheap and the seal is not as soft and seal-proof as advertised.
If your chosen size is not the perfect fit, then I can guarantee that you will experience some leaking. The Vaincre uses a slightly different design which keeps water out even during diving.
So in the Thenice vs. Vaincre comparison, I would certainly go with the better quality mask, Vaincre. However, should you be strapped for cash, Thenice does a better job than other traditional snorkel masks.
This snorkel by Vaincre is best suited for divers who are beginners when it comes to subsurface sea diving. The snorkel fails to perform efficiently if the person goes into considerable depth or meets with a certain amount of sea tumult.
Pros aside, let’s dwell on the fact that the Vaincre snorkel is extremely user friendly in every aspect. To enhance the underwater experience I would surely go for it.