Last Updated on March 30, 2021 by Dan
Vaincre has recently developed a 180-degree view snorkel which ensures the safety of the scuba diver under water while improving the user experience when it comes to viewing the beauty of the under-water world. The primary and most striking feature that this product provides is that it makes breathing extremely easy under water for divers.
It almost feels as if a person is not breathing under water but is breathing out in the open air. The most unique aspect about this snorkel is that unlike others which have come up in the market almost at the same time or earlier, it is tubeless.
- 180-degree view
- Shatterproof polycarbonate window for added safety
- Full mask for natural breathing through the mouth and nose
- Inbuilt exclusive ventilation system to prevent fogging
- Dry top at the top of the snorkel to keep the snorkel dry
- Purge valve at the bottom of the snorkel to drain the water when the diver’s head is raised
- Elastic straps
- Inner Size: 6.69 x 5.12 inch, Outer Size: 9.06 x 7.48 inch
- Prevents water from entering the mask
- Comes with soft ear plugs to keep salt water out
- No fogging witnessed so far
- Comes with comfortable and adjustable elastic bands
- Comes with a mesh carry bag
- Incorporates an extra O-ring for snorkel piece
- GoPro mount helps in capturing beautiful moments under water
- No fogging near the eye but considerable fogging near the mouth
- Does not stay on the face when the person dives too deep
- Fails to perform efficiently even with the slightest wave
- Not good for subsurface diving
- Straps easily become loose
This impressive scuba diving gear which covers the entire face, offers a field view of 180 degrees, unlike the smaller traditional masks. In addition, users can breathe through both nose and mouth, a sense of revolutionary design that nevertheless seems quite natural. The integrated snorkel has a device that prevents water from seeping in even in case of immersion, which could facilitate prolonged deep diving.
While the Vaincre is quite a good scuba diving gear with its anti-fog and 180 degree view, when compared to the Thenice snorkel you may come across some distinct and common features.
The Thenice mask covers the face of the diver and incorporates anti-fog tech, is leak-proof and comes in two sizes (L and XL). Finding the right size can be quite hectic. Unlike the Vaincre, the feel of the Thenice is cheap and the seal is not as soft and seal-proof as advertised.
If your chosen size is not the perfect fit, then I can guarantee that you will experience some leaking. The Vaincre uses a slightly different design which keeps water out even during diving.
So in the Thenice vs. Vaincre comparison, I would certainly go with the better quality mask, Vaincre. However, should you be strapped for cash, Thenice does a better job than other traditional snorkel masks.
This snorkel by Vaincre is best suited for divers who are beginners when it comes to subsurface sea diving. The snorkel fails to perform efficiently if the person goes into considerable depth or meets with a certain amount of sea tumult.
Pros aside, let’s dwell on the fact that the Vaincre snorkel is extremely user friendly in every aspect. To enhance the underwater experience I would surely go for it.